Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Difference a Month Makes

Every month since the New Year, I've been wandering down to the creek not far from my house and snapping a picture on the first. It's interesting seeing how one setting changes from month to month. Even during the winter months of January, February and March, there have been some marked changes.

I'll probably compile a calender or something at the end of the year.

Anyway, I just got back from taking this month's picture, and I'm pretty amazed at just how much difference last month made.

Here's the picture from March 1st:

Snow? Check. Ice? Check. Depressingly naked trees? Check.

That day was pretty cold, but it wasn't the frigid, "My eyeballs are freezing out of my head" cold that Minnesota's famous for.

Now, here's the picture from today:

Open water, cloudy sky, and if you look really, really close, you might be able to see buds on the trees.

The weather today is summer-like. I even wore sandals today!
A photo posted by Emilie Peck (@peckemilie) on
Weather in this area can change at the drop of a hat, but it's still pretty wild to have photographic evidence of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!