Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Fictioneers - Love the Stray

Ok! A few housekeeping things.

I've been quiet on this blog, because of a combination of business and allergy related shenanigans. Stupid allergy related shenanigans. As a result, I've also been woefully negligent in replying to comments. So sorry!

Speaking of comments, it's been brought to my attention that not everyone can use the blogger platform, and I'm looking into installing Disqus or something else instead. I won't be moving to Wordpress, because...I just don't like it. ;)

I've also had an article, Incredible Edible Flowers, selected as Hub of the Day over on HubPages. (Yay!)

Next, if you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that I've had a vignette published! You can find it over at Vine Leaves Literary Journal, and it's titled Swallow the Rot. If that sounds familiar, that's because it was originally work done for Friday Fictioneers quite a few moons ago, now.

Finally! Speaking of Friday Fictioneers, that's what the rest of this entry is dedicated to! Thanks to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for hosting, as usual.

PHOTO PROMPT © Roger Bultot
Genre: Fantasy
Word Count: 99

Love the Stray

            “WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT BRINGING HOME STRAYS?!”
            Edwin cringed, tugging his ear in discomfort. “But mom, he looked so sad! I couldn’t just leave him in the rain.” He pouted up at his red-faced mother, edging between her and the slumbering creature behind him.
            Sure, the air was thick with smoke, and yeah, maybe they needed to move, but hadn’t she just been complaining about the neighborhood? Fluffy couldn’t help his heartburn.
            She struggled to calm down. “Son. Love of my life. You know I tolerate most of your pets, but,” volume control failed here, “NO DRAGONS!”



7 comments:

  1. Very funny: I'm still giggling at the picture you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle Wisoff-FieldsApril 21, 2015 at 4:12 AM

    Dear Emilie,


    Clever twist at the end. I can see where Mom might have taken issue with Fluffy.
    As for the blogger issues, I started with blogspot, but I've found Wordpress to be much more user friendly. I guess it's a matter of preference.


    Shalom,


    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent take on the prompt! First one with dragons... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rochelle,


    Thank you! I'd say her anger is pretty justified. ;)

    Yeah, I've used Wordpress before, and while there are some things I like about it, the things I struggled with make it a poor choice for me. Disqus seems to be working decently so far, at least.


    Take care,



    Emilie

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!