Sunday, January 11, 2015

Painful Ramblings

I keep meaning to write up a post for Friday Fictioneers, but it just hasn't been happening.

To be honest, I've been in a fair amount of pain for the past five days. Some sort of rash has appeared on my stomach, and when it's not burning like crazy after anything brushes against it, it's itching or tickling.

I'm headed to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully, they can figure out what it is.

Of course, when the human body's in pain, the natural reaction is for the muscles to tense up. I tend to carry my stress in my upper back, partially because that's where my scoliosis curve is.

Today, my husband was nice enough to give me a massage. When I say "massage", I don't mean of the gentle variety, either. When this happens, I need deep pressure to release the tension. Naturally, that hurts, but in a good way.

It's just so weird. The skin pain does nothing but make me feel horrible, but the pain from those massages always sends endorphins roaring through my bloodstream.

I wonder why that is. Wouldn't pain just be pain?

Maybe the actual sources are what set off the internal chemical reactions off.

I don't know, but I DO know that I hope the doctor can help me figure out how to get rid of this rash and start functioning normally again.

As for now, I think I'm just going to awkwardly curl up on the couch again for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not well and in pain. Despite that discomfort you managed to post something so well done. It helps others put things into perspective when someone with a disability can push through and be successful. Thank you for posting Emilie and sending you a cyber hug and good wishes for a resolution when you see your doctor tomorrow :) (Linda)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! I'll hopefully be posting an update on the situation, soon. :)

      Delete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!