Saturday, November 1, 2014

You know what's generally pretty awesome?

Life's generally pretty awesome.

I've been having a bit of a rough time these past few weeks, but there are reminders that I'm one of the luckiest people in the world. I'm married to someone I love very much, who treats me as well as one human can treat another, I have a home, family and a pretty healthy body. My mind not not be the brightest out there, but I am smart enough to find ways of saving money, making things from scratch and communicating ideas halfway decently.

I'm lucky.

I'm well enough off that I could afford candy and toys to give the trick-or-treaters last night, and while there were a few kids who pushed the limits of my patience, they were mostly good.

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/especk

I also have the luxury of doing both NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo, this month, though that's probably going to get a little hairy towards the end.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I'll be putting a word counter on the side of this blog, if I can find the widget. My daily goal is to write at least 2273 a day, until I hit, or surpass the 50,000 mark. The reason it's double the typical amount is because I'm expecting company for the last week of November.

For those not in the know, NaNoWriMo is a free monthly event during which participants strive to write a 50,000 word novel. I successfully completed it in 2012, though that story still isn't finished, but I figured I'd get started on that book's sequel this month. Who knows? It might help me finish that first story.

Anyway, this year, I noticed a fundraising campaign. I hadn't realized it before, but the NaNoWriMo people do a lot more than provide a platform for creativity. They also offer free creative writing programs to over 2,500 classes around the world, which is pretty neat.

Literacy, after all, is one of the best ways to ensure a brighter future for the world at large.

If you'd like to sponsor me, here's my sponsorship page. If you'd rather not, that's perfectly alright, too!

However, if you're also giving NaNoWriMo a try, let's be writing buddies!

As for now? The accursed dishes need to be done again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!