Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Angels & Demons

Quite a late start to writing today, but errands really needed to be run, and the snow slowed me down a little
Irritating as it is, snow is rather pretty.
more than I thought it would. I can feel that my legs and back are going to be pretty sore. Trudging through the stuff is a lot more work than walking on bare pavement, and it's even harder when you lug however many extra pounds I carried home.

Anyway, I'd like to send out a big thank you to everyone has served in our armed forces. I have a number of family members who are veterans, as well as a bunch of friends who are, as well. Personal connections aside, I'm grateful to all who have sacrificed in order to serve our nation. It may not be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love the positive parts being American includes.

As for NaNoWriMo, I'm actually a tiny bit ahead of the official goal. Hopefully, I can get a few days ahead tonight. The story finally took a more concrete shape in my head, and now it's just a matter of getting it written. By the way, I've been posting regular writing updates to my fundraising page. If anyone's interested in sponsoring my efforts, I'd greatly appreciate the support. The page tells more about what the folks behind NaNoWriMo do to promote literacy around the world, too.

Lastly, it's Tuesday! Since I've finished two books since the last time I've updated, I'm starting a new one after hitting/surpassing my writing quota for the day. It's one of the freebies from the convention I went to in July. I'd heard favorable reviews of the author's other book, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. It'll hopefully be a nice change from sciency stuff and fairy tales.

Thanks, as always, to MizB from Should be Reading for hosting Teaser Tuesdays.

Here are the rules:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"On televisions all over the world, larger than life, the camerlengo raced upward out of the Necropolis with the antimatter before him. "There will be no more death tonight!"
But the camerlengo was wrong."

Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown (Yeah, so that's three, but this guy seems to have a thing for short sentences, so a third was needed.)

Stay warm, all!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Emilie. I'll also send my thanks to all Veterans and their families. Bet you're glad to be home and done with errands. I am getting a very late start this week too, but at least my errands were run in glorious weather. The cold hits here tomorrow, but no snow, just a temperature drop.

    I've had Angels and Demons for a while and just haven't gotten around to reading it. I loved The DaVinci Code. My TT this week is from Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #3) at http://wp.me/pZnGI-fu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. :)

      Very glad to be home, yes! It has been colder than this, and we've gotten more snow before, but it's an adjustment when you go from well above feezing temps with no snow on the ground to under freezing temps with over 6 inches. Blech.

      Also glad that I'd thought to waterproof my boots again and wash our winter coats/accessories last month. Hope your temperature drop isn't too sudden.

      I haven't read The DaVinci Code yet, though I have seen the movie. I hope I like this book. It's been a while since I've picked up a novel that I couldn't put down. :)

      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. That was a good book. I have the fourth in this series, Inferno, in Mount TBR. My teaser: Biting the Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! I...still haven't managed to start it. Tuesday ended up being a lot less productive than I hoped it was going to be.

      Ah well. Tonight, after getting the 2600 words done for my novel!

      Delete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!