Sunday, November 9, 2014

Here Comes Winter

Keeping these seedums for winter interest, though.
Ah, Minnesota, ye of sudden drops in temperature and turns in weather.

This morning, I headed outside to drain and put our garden hose in the garage, plus cut down a few plants. I was warm enough not to need a jacket as I worked, which strikes me as odd, because we're in for our first winter storm of the season.

According to weather.com, it's 40 degrees out there, but the temperature is supposed to drop over ten degrees overnight.

Meh. I've lived here for 15 years, now. I should be used to it.

That doesn't mean I have to like it, though. I do, however, reserve the right to roll my eyes at the news casters freaking out over snow in November. Anything but snow in November! It's terrifying! It's unheard of! Zounds!

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that we've had snow in September before, but hey, who remembers that?

Ah well, shooting for at least 3500 words for my NaNoWriMo story before heading for bed. It'd be nice to surpass that number, though.

We'll see what happens. I do still have some domestic responsibilities to take care of. Maybe I'll pound out a couple of chapters, before taking a break to do a few more chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!