Saturday, November 15, 2014

Friday Fictioneers - Foiled Again

Alright, today I come to you from an actual computer!

Then again, my little smart phone is basically a small computer in its own right. Technology is amazing.

Anyhoo.

This Saturday, I bring you yesterday's Friday Fictioneers! Thanks, as always, go out to Rochell Wisoff-Fields.

(I may or may not be channeling some feelings about winter in this one.)

PHOTO PROMPT -Copyright-Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

Genre: Realistic Fiction
Word Count: 100

Foiled Again
It was mid-December, he was from North Dakota, and he came to California to escape the cold sent with love from Canada. All week, he’d haunted the forecast for Hollywood. He was looking forward to days in the in the high sixties, and sunshine.

Is that what he got? No.

Instead, the snow followed him. As people around him waddled in every article of clothing they owned and rejoiced in the half inch that had fallen for the first time in a decade, he sat on a bench and glared at the world around him.

He should've gone to Hawaii.



8 comments:

  1. Dear Emilie,

    Uck. This is not my favorite time of the year. He sounds like someone with a cloud over his head...a cloud with snow. Nicely done.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rochelle,
      You too, huh? Yeah, I'd take summer any day. We're already covered with snow, and it's still coming down. It's gonna be a long one.

      Anyway, yeah, I feel bad for this guy. It just won't leave him alone!

      Thank you!

      Take care,
      Emilie

      Delete
  2. Just about how I feel this grey drizzly November in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should all go to Hawaii ! Reminded me of winters in Sweden! Well done ! v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better luck next year! Hope he does't have to wear everything in his suitcase to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the folks in Hawaii are glad he went to CA instead! ;-) Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like the vacations my husband and I take. Leave Washington state and the rain follows us. Nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emilie, I admit I enjoy snow and winter, although it doesn't keep me from being cold and worrying about people who don't know how to drive in snow. :-) There's nothing worse than going to visit someone and have them say that the weather isn't usually like this or that the week before was just beautiful or...well, your narrator would know of what I speak.

    janet

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!