Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - The Thousand and One Days

And here we have number three of my current reads. It's an old book, I'm not 100% sure of its origins and not one I'd ordinarily pick up, but it was free, so why not?

Many thanks to MizB at Should Be Reading for hosting!


If you'd like to take part in this game, here are some rules!

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser:

"As he passed them, the young man looked keenly at these motionless, stern-faced men. Which of them was the murderer who, in Turnadot's name, was to thrust the dagger into his heart?"

- The Thousand and One Days, Retold by Willi Fehse, Translated by Anthea Bell, Illustrated by Erich Holle

4 comments:

  1. Yikes!
    My TT from The Midnight Examiner by William Kotzwinkle http://wp.me/pZnGI-eS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten to that story yet, but it does encourage me to keep reading!

      Delete
  2. Yikes. Sounds like someone might be in over his head. Happy reading!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!