Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Grimm's Fairy Tales

I haven't been reading at as quick a pace as usual this week, thanks to getting started on making holiday gifts, but I've still been chipping away at my to be read list. With that in mind, here's this week's installation of Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading.


"When a child fell into her power, she killed it, cooked and ate it, and that was a feast day with her. Witches have red eyes, and cannot see far, but they have a keen scent like the beasts, and are aware when human beings draw near."

Hansel and Gretel, From Grimm's Fairy Tales (Kindle Edition), by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad my parents didn't read these to me as bedtime stories. The Disney versions are much less scary. I like Grimm's Fairy Tales though, now that I'm not as prone to nightmares lol. Great teaser! Here's my TT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairy tales. Good reminder to drag out the book I've had since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter-in-law bought a copy of original Grimm's Fairy Tales and was surprised at how gruesome some of them were. Disney has certainly made them tamer!
    My Tuesday post features SAVING SHELBY SUMMERS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those Grimm brothers did know how to scare the pants off a child didn't they? Great teaser and I knew within a couple of words which tale you'd chosen. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/teaser-tuesday-october-7/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot just how creepy these tales are. I should read them again!
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/07/teaser-tuesdays-84-the-death-of-death/

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!