Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Fictioneers - Stocking Up

Today's prompt brought the upcycler in me out. Speaking of crafty-type-things, I should get back to work on those gifts I'm making. (If you're interested in such things, please check out my craft blog if you haven't already. I just posted a couple of works in progress earlier today.)

Thanks, as always, to Rochell Wisoff-Fields for hosting Friday Fictioneers.

PHOTO PROMPT – Copyright – Douglas M. MacIlroy

Genre: Fiction
Words: 100

Stocking Up

Picking through bits and sticks, they don’t understand the beauty I see. The hikers, bikers and other forest visitors give me a wide berth, as I pick my way through the dirt at the side of the trail.
A little stone here and a fossil there. Each trinket from this wild place holds the potential to become jewelry, a part of a wishing bag or plaque for the wall.
Whispering voices pass by. “What’s he doing? Stay away, maybe he’s crazy.”
Joke’s on them. Those same voices lift in joy when they discover my treasure, and my bank account swells.


8 comments:

  1. Dear Emilie,

    This was a fun piece. Love the "hikers, bikers and..." line. As the saying goes, "He who laughs last, laughs best." Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for him! Nice take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, so he's not such a purist. He likes the swelling bank balance too. Don't we all? Great story.
    Marg

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!