Monday, October 13, 2014

Friday Fictioneers - The Future Historical Society

I was feeling a bit off, last Friday, so I figured I'd squeeze my Friday Fictioneers submission in today, before the linkup closes! I had fun with this one. Maybe I should try my hand at writing some longer pieces of quirky science fiction.

As always, thanks go out to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for hosting!


Genre: Science Fiction
Word Count: 100

The Future Historical Society

“And this is a collection of instruments used in the twentieth century,” the guide droned as the group paused in front of a small enclave.
A purple being from the Alpha Centauri system raised a claw-like appendage, and warbled through its breathing device, “What were they for?”
The woman, sporting a set of bright yellow lips, the latest in Earth fashion, replied, “We believe they were used to arrange primitive music. Next, we have something called a ‘bathroom’.”
The small extraterrestrial lingered behind the group as it moved on, wondering just what sounds the board with dials on it made.



6 comments:

  1. Excellent! Love the tour!. You are so clever, Nan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Nan! I had fun with it. :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Emilie,

    Fun. Reminds me of scenes from Babylon 5.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rochelle,

      Thank you! THERE'S a show I haven't seen in ages. Hubby and I started a Farscape marathon a few months back, but we got sidetracked.

      Take care,
      Emilie

      Delete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!