Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays - The Three Musketeers

This looked like a fun little game, and particularly fitting for this blog.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"It is now three years, madame, since I saw you for the first time, and during those three years I have loved you thus. Shall I tell you each ornament of your toilet?" The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I've never read this!

    Trish - My teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, so I figured it was time. :) It seemed like one of those classics that I SHOULD have read by now, but haven't.

      I'll be posting a review hopefully next week, or the week after, depending on when I finish it.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, definitely one I should read! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome on both accounts! I think it is something most people should read. :)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha ha! The ornament of your toilet? How very interesting :D I actually walked past this book at the library last week, it must be calling out to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I had to look up what that meant, since I kept thinking of the word in the modern context of y'know, waste elimination device. ;) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Great teaser. I don't read much of the classics, more a movie classic than a reader. Happy reading. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/09/09/teaser-tuesday-sept-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to tend towards classic movies than books, too, but this year, I've been making an effort to change that. So far, it's been a good choice. :)

      Delete
  5. I love love love Three Musketeers. And anything by Dumas!

    My excerpt today from a soon-to-be-published young adult novel:

    http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-steven-teasertuesdayont-forget-steven-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first thing I've read by him, though I've seen quite a few movies inspired by his work. I'll be posting a review of this book next week.

      Delete
  6. Even though I've seen countless Musketeers movies, I've never read the original. That would be fun to do.
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Retirement Can Be Murder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I originally picked this book up (or rather, downloaded it). The movies have been so much fun, that I figured the book would be, too.

      Delete
  7. He sounds devoted. Maybe he's a keeper.
    Here is my tease - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/09/teaser-tuesdays-80-unbroken-ties-by-m-latimer-ridley/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all pretty nifty guys, if a little creepy by modern standards. ;)

      Delete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!