Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - A Mind at a Time

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means. Teasers! Thanks go out to Miz B at Should Be Reading for hosting this fun game.

 Rules are:

 Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser is from A Mind at a Time, by Mel Levine, MD.

"Planet earth is inhabited by all kinds of people who have all kinds of minds. The brain of each human is unique."

I try to read at least one nonfiction book and one fiction book at the same time. This one would be my nonfiction book. Dr. Levine has done some great work, and if you're interested in individualized teaching, learning disabilities or other forms divergent neurology, I highly suggest his books.

4 comments:

  1. I very rarely read nonfiction, but I hope you are enjoying this!
    Here's My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. Nonfiction isn't for everyone. :) This is just a topic I'm very interested in, because I'm dyslexic and I've never learned in a way that's easy to teach to in a conventional education way.

      I am enjoying it, though.

      Delete
  2. We are each individual and unique. Funny you are reading this. I was just last night thinking, why do we think, why do we speak. Why does this make us think we are superior to the other living beings on this planet. Sometimes life and the universe overwhelm me with their mystery.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/30/teaser-tuesdays-83-devil-music-by-carly-orosz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! Those are fun questions to think about, but sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we can't know the answers to everything. Our little brains just can't handle them all just yet.

      Delete

Your comment will appear once it's been approved. Thanks for dropping by!